|Business Unit:||Miller's Smorgasbord|
Responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for glassware, tableware, utensils, cookware, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods.The dishwasher ensures the dish room and dishwashing areas are maintained as a clean, safe, sanitary work station.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Set up and break down dishwashing area
- Sort, rinse and load dirty dishware, glassware, tableware, and utensils in ware washing machines
- Inspect, sort and stack clean wares and place in proper location
- Change water in dish machine per company guidelines
- Wash pots, pans, and misc. equipment by hand
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster
- Conduct general restroom cleaning per specs
- Keep dish machine temp logs per company guidelines
- Keep dish room area and floors clean and safe
- Other duties as directed
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Display positive attitude and eagerness to learn
- Able to follow directions (both written and verbal) and communicate effectively
- Teamwork orientation
- “Safety First” focus
- Knowledge of workplace safety and emergency procedures
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Time management
- High degree of quality in all work produced
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. Employee is regularly exposed to kitchen equipment (e.g., oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer, and chef's knives).
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.