|Business Unit:||Miller's Smorgasbord|
Prepare and present consistent and great tasting food according to Miller's recipes and standards. Maintain the highest sanitation and safety standards every day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure all recipes, procedures, storage, rotation and product specifications are followed on a daily basis to ensure our guests dine on high quality and safe food
- Stock your station to the manager prescribed levels in preparation to meet all of our guests' needs
- Respond quickly and positively to any requests for re-cooks
- Take action and communicate with a manager when product levels might be low or running out
- Maintain the highest quality and sanitation practices throughout the shift
- Always remember - hot food hot, cold food cold
- Always keep your work station and equipment clean to Miller's standards
- Look for ways to minimize waste and reduce breakage of equipment and service ware
- Look for work that needs to be done and always be ready to assist any other teammate that may need help. Be sure to complete all assigned duties and work in the allotted time as prescribed by your manager
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- ServSafe Certified
- Time Management
- "Safety First" and "Guest First" focus
- Able to follow directions and communicate with both guests and coworkers effectively
- Display a positive attitude
- Produce a high quality of work to ensure we are delivering top notch service
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. The employee must be able to withstand heat in the kitchen for up to 8 hours. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.