|Title:||Bakery Production Baker|
|Business Unit:||Miller's Bakery|
Position SummaryPrepare and present consistent and great tasting made-from-sctrach baked goods according to Miller's Bakery recipes and standards. Maintain the highest sanitation and safety standards every day.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Responsible for preparing all baked good items according to recipes with speed and consistency of quality
- Assisting in all aspects of the process including but not limited to mixing, weighing, baking and packaging
- Packaging baked goods for either retail or wholesale distribution in a secure, neat and presentable manner
- Helping inspect baked goods for quality
- Working as team with other coworkers to ensure efficiency
- Using safe food handling procedures
- Minimizing waste
- Ensuring that all work areas remain clean and organized
- Ensuring that all food products are stored properly
- Completing other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Abiltiy to follow recipes and pay attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task in a fast paced bakery environment
- Ability to be constantly on your feet working in a high-energy environment
- Must be able to work in a team oriented environment
- Prior bakery experience preffered, but not required
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is required to stand up to 8 hours; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high. Work environment temperatures can vary due to cold rooms and baking ovens.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.