|Title:||FT Assistant Kitchen Manager|
|Business Unit:||Miller's Smorgasbord|
|Position:||Assistant Kitchen Manager|
The Assistant Kitchen Manager is responsible for working in conjunction with the Kitchen Manager to maintain a cost and labor effective kitchen operation. The Assistant Kitchen Manager is responsible for assisting the Kitchen Manager in leading the kitchen team to ensure outstanding delivery of service and products to both guests and co-workers by using a hands-on leadership style. The Assistant General Manager will possess the ability and will to train, develop, coach, and retain employees while maintaining a healthy culture and keeping morale high. By using accountability, fairness, and consistency; the Assistant Kitchen Manager oversees compliance to established policies, procedures, and guidelines.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Monitor and ensure productivity of kitchen team
- Ensure standards, processes and checklists are being followed and completed properly and in a timely manner
- Practice ServSafe food handling procedures and standards, training staff to these standards
- Ensure safety and sanitation standards are being met on a consistent basis
- Ensure food product quality and consistency through use of recipe
- Ensure appropriate level of food production, reducing waste through the proper use of guest projections
- Ensure kitchen equipment is being used and maintained properly
- Assist in ordering of food products, monitoring rotation
- Offer solutions to operational problems while on duty
- Participate in forming and evaluating policies pertaining to the restaurant’s operations which help shape a positive culture, high morale, and promote and inclusive environment.
- Communicate staff issues and needs to the Kitchen Manager. Aid in forming positive and fair solutions to these issues to maintain a healthy and happy workplace.
- Aid in all staffing responsibilities including, but not limited to; training, developing, coaching, performance management, and termination of teammates.
- Jump into position and “get your hands dirty” when situations beckon.
- Review and understand weekly, monthly, and yearly financial reports to help contribute to the businesses bottom line.
- Stay in good report with our teammates, while being unbiased, fair, and consistent.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- ServSafe Certified
- Understanding of controlling food and labor costs
- Understanding of how to meet employees where they are at while maintaining positive company culture, policies and company core purpose and core values in the workplace
- Basic computer and keyboard skills
- Excellent people skills with the ability to interact with all levels of management, employees, other business units and businesses/non-profit organizations within the community
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to coordinate events for the restaurant
- Ability to maintain confidentiality as directed
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 60 pounds. The employee must occasionally drive. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.