|Business Unit:||Miller's Smorgasbord|
We are hiring a Maintenance Worker to join our maintenance team. You will inspect different equipment and perform any basic repairs or preventative maintenance when required. To succeed in this position you should have previous experience in maintenance, be highly skilled with various hand and power tools, be able to read blueprints and repair manuals, have a keen attention to detail and the ability to solve mechanical problems, and possess mechanical knowledge and technical skills to perform the job duties of diagnosing and repairing minor and major issues. are needed to succeed at this position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conducting routine inspections of premises and equipment.
- Performing preventative maintenance.
- Handling basic repairs and maintenance.
- Proven maintenance experience.
- Skilled in the use of hand and power tools.
- Ability to take apart machines, equipment, or devices to remove and replace defective part
- Ability to use common tools such as hammers, hoists, saws, drills, and wrenches.
- Experience performing routine maintenance.
- Strong organizational and follow up skills.
- Eye for detail.
- Professional presentation and attitude.
- Ability to maintain focus while working individually.
- Strong time management skills.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Must be highly motivated and able to work independently
- Possess effective verbal communication skills
- Basic reading skills
- Must be organized and able to prioritize and multi-task
- Possess basic knowledge of workplace safety and OSHA procedures.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee frequently works in high, precarious places and is frequently exposed to extreme heat and risk of electrical shock. The employee occasionally works in outside weather conditions and is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals, extreme cold, and vibration. The noise level in the work environment is usually loud.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.