|Title:||Hotel House Person|
|Business Unit:||Amishview Inn & Suites|
|Position:||Hotel House Person|
Full-Time House Person
The House Person is responsible to clean and maintain the appearance of all hotel public areas and meeting spaces to the expected standards as determined by management. The House Person is expected to provide outstanding guest service and to interact with guests and co-workers in a friendly and professional manner at all times. The House Person will have the ability to initiate and follow through with his or her daily tasks which will include the daily cleaning checklist and/or meeting room set ups/tear downs. Our current opening is a full-time position.This job posting qualifies for a $250 sign-on bonus, $100 after 30 days completed; $150 after 60 days completed.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Conduct him/herself in a professional manner at all times
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with all hotel co-workers
- Provide friendly, efficient service to guests
- Clean public areas of hotel to standards set by management
- Set up / tear down events in meeting rooms and public spaces
- Assist other team members as instructed by supervisor including occasional cleaning of guest rooms and assisting in laundry
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Work 5 shifts per week, approximately 8:00am – 4:00pm on weekdays and weekends, may include some evenings
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Dependable transportation to and from work.
- Highly dependable with a history of consistent attendance and punctuality.
- Language skills: Fluent knowledge of the English language; including the ability to read and interpret written information and speak and understand verbal communication. Fluent knowledge of the Spanish language helpful.
- Ability to fulfill the physical requirements of the position with any reasonable accommodations as necessary.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule that may include evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as needed.
- Self-starting and motivated with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Detail-Oriented; Demonstrates a consistent level of attention to quality and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality.
- Team-focused mindset; willing to set own priorities aside to help others; contributes to building a positive team spirit and morale.
- Authorized to work in the United States
Physical Demands and Work Environment
While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be regularly required to perform physical activity that includes moving about the work area, standing, sitting, bending, reaching with hands and arms, lifting, pushing, pulling, talking, hearing and smelling. The team member will be frequently required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. He or she is required to have the visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned. The team member will be required to lift, push, pull, lower and/or move up to 10 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.