|Title:||Retail Sales Specialist|
|Business Unit:||Quilt Shop at Miller's|
|Position:||Retail Sales Specialist|
The Retail Sales Specialist is responsible for providing a great customer experience in our quilt shop through friendly service during the shopping process, maintaining store cleanliness and replenishing inventory.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Knowledge of quilts or quilting a plus, but not required, we will train you!
- Greet customers, respond to questions, improve engagement with merchandise and provide outstanding customer service.
- Operate cash registers, manage financial transactions, and balance drawers.
- Direct customers to merchandise within the store and becoming a personal shopper assistant.
- Increase store sales and achieve the monthly and yearly budget goals.
- Knowledge of the area a plus but not required.
- Work as a team with other coworkers to ensure proper balance of customer service and tasking.
- Maintain a clean and organized appearance throughout the store.
- Allow guests to feel comfortable whether they are purchasing or just admiring the artwork.
- Cross-sell products from different business units to increase overall company revenue.
- Replenish inventory.
- Comply with inventory control procedures
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Display positive, professional and enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Ability to read and write
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced environment
- Teamwork orientation
- Organizational skills
- Multi-task oriented
- Knowledge of workplace safety and emergency procedures
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Time management
- High degree of quality in all work produced
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. The employee must occasionally drive. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.