|Title:||Restaurant Guest Service Manager|
|Business Unit:||Miller's Smorgasbord|
|Position:||Restaurant Guest Service Manager|
The Full-time Guest Service Manager is responsible for the handling of daily operations in the dining room. The Guest Service Manager will handle any guest feedback while on duty. They will report directly to the General Manager, so that operational insufficiencies may be addressed and improved. This position requires a “Guest First Mentality” and will be the guest service team captain for the restaurant. This position will praise the team for wins, but also know how to patiently coach our teammates as issues arise.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Treat every teammate and guest with Courtesy, Honesty, and Respect. Manage to Miller’s Smorgasbord’s purpose and core values.
- Deliver exemplary customer service to maintain customer loyalty. Help resolve our customer concerns through analysis to determine the most effective resolution.
- Adapt to customer needs ensuring they are understood and appropriate action is taken to meet and exceed their expectations. Solicit sales of new or additional services or products.
- Assist guest with any questions or needs that can’t be handled by hourly teammates.
- Ensure that we deliver a fantastic guest experience by executing standards efficiently with every guest on every shift.
- Ability to patiently and diligently train new and inexperienced hires; able to also coach and develop guest service teammates to assist in their succession.
- Fully comprehend and be able to perform every position in the FOH and be trained on all stations.
- Ability to lead teammates through guest service practices.
- Maintain a high level of customer service via extraordinary hospitality.
- Help drive sales through initiatives involving guest feedback, upselling, and social media reviews.
- Must utilize Teamwork Mentality everywhere that’s needed.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- A high school diploma or equivalent preferred
- Must be 18 years of age
- Moderate reading and writing skills; ability to follow written and oral instructions and procedures.
- Previous leadership experience in hospitality preferred.
- Excellent people skills with ability to interact with guest, teammates, and all levels of management.
- Able to follow and give directions and communicate with both guests and coworkers effectively.
- Detail-Oriented; Demonstrates a consistent level of accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote guest service quality.
- Display a positive and professional attitude at all times.
- Self-starting and motivated with the ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Deliver a high quality of work to ensure we are providing top notch service.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as needed.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. Employee is regularly exposed to kitchen equipment (e.g., oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer, and chef's knives).
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.