|Title:||Front Desk Clerk|
|Business Unit:||Amishview Inn & Suites|
|Position:||Front Desk Clerk|
The Front Desk Clerk represents the first point of contact with guests and handles all stages of a guest's stay. The Front Desk Clerk is responsible for registering/booking guests in and out of their rooms, while accommodating any special requests in a timely and courteous manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in a friendly, service-oriented manner
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with hotel policies scheduling may vary according to the needs of the hotel
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming, which include wearing the proper business attire and name tag when working
- Make, confirm, and cancel reservations for guests, as needed
- Comply at all times with hotel and franchise standards and regulations to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations
- Responsible cash handling and organization of paperwork
- Great telephone skills
- Post charges for room, food, liquor, telephone, and other incidental charges
- Make restaurant, transportation or entertainment reservations for guests as needed
- Able to handle multiple task at one time
- Secure issued keys at all times, report lost or stolen keys immediately
- Must be organized and prepare paperwork accurately and timely
- Check in and out guest as needed
- Able to work with little supervision, making good decisions and able to handle any emergencies if they arise
- Keep immediate supervisors fully informed of all challenges or matters requiring his/her attention
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Must have strong customer service skills
- Must possess considerable knowledge of computer systems for registration, reservations and back-up systems
- Must have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Able to follow directions and communicate with both guests and coworkers effectively
- Display a positive attitude
- Produce a high quality of work to ensure we are delivering top notch service
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to high.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.