|Title:||Guest Services Representative/Front Desk|
|Business Unit:||Amishview Inn & Suites|
|Position:||Hotel Front Desk Clerk|
The Guest Services Representative is a member of the front desk operations and guest services team. The Guest Service Representative works to ensure that the highest quality standards in guest relations are met for this award-winning hotel. Assists in and shares responsibility for first and lasting guest impressions. Assists in and shares responsibility for clear communication with guests and with various department operations of the hotel in accordance with the policies and profit objectives of the company to provide superior service and an exceptional guest experience. Our current need is for a full-time Guest Services Representative to join our team! This job posting qualifies for a $250 sign-on bonus, $100 after 30 days completed; $150 after 60 days completed.
Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesThe essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Exhibits exemplary behavior in accordance with AmishView Core Values and Purpose.
- Greet and interact with guests while presenting a welcoming smile and friendly disposition.
- Perform all guest check-in and check-out procedures.
- Make reservations/cancellations via phone, email or in person.
- Become proficient in operating property management system (PMS).
- Accurately describe guest rooms and impart important hotel information to guests.
- Actively anticipate and address guests’ needs. Alerts appropriate departments about any special requests.
- Resolve any problems and complaints in a timely and efficient manner.
- Communicate guest comments to drive improvements and increased guest satisfaction.
- Provide information to guests on restaurants and local attractions.
- Deliver towels, blankets, pillows, etc. to guest rooms and to make up an occasional sofa bed.
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with all hotel co-workers, Department Heads, TES Inc. co-workers, and outside vendors.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Display a positive, professional appearance and friendly demeanor at all times.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule that includes evenings, weekends, and/or holidays as needed.
- Excellent people skills with the ability to interact with guests, all levels of management and employees and ability to “smile” over the phone.
- Strong communication skills. Will need to relay many critical requests and information across different departments on a daily basis.
- Ability to capture details and remain organized in busy environments.
- Ability to problem solve, prioritize and think on one’s feet.
- Enjoy being part of a team.
- Enjoy taking initiative and being pro-active.
- Deliver a high quality of work to ensure we are providing top notch service.
- Comfortable using computers.
- Highly dependable with a history of consistent attendance and punctuality.
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the team member will be regularly required to perform physical activity that includes moving about the work area, standing for 8 hours at a time, bending, reaching with hands and arms, lifting, pushing, pulling, talking, hearing and smelling. The team member will be occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. He or she is required to have the visual acuity to determine the accuracy, neatness, and thoroughness of the work assigned. The team member will be required to lift, push, pull, lower and/or move up to 10 lbs. frequently, and up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.