|Title:||Host / Hostess|
|Business Unit:||Smokehouse BBQ and Brews|
|Position:||Host / Hostess|
Responsible for the warm friendly immediate greeting of the guest. Seats and presents menus to guests in a friendly, professional, and quick manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Greeting and seating guests, presenting menus to guests, informing them of special menu items
- Treating guests in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction
- Taking names on a waiting list
- Running the floor plan board
- Observing tables and keeping track of clean, dirty, and occupied tables
- Taking guest information and quoting wait time to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available
- Cleaning, organizing, and stocking menus at host area
- Answering phone and answering questions concerning the menu and restaurant
- Interacting with guests coming in and as they leave, ensuring a positive dining experience
- Filling to go orders, if applicable
- Performing other duties as assigned
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities)
- Display positive, professional and enthusiastic attitude
- Excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, servers, team members and guests)
- Must be able to read, write, and determine wait time based on company’s procedures
- Ability to work under pressure in fast paced environment
- Teamwork orientation
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Knowledge of workplace safety and emergency procedures
- Thoroughness and attention to detail
- Must visually scan restaurant for clean, unoccupied tables
- Time management
- High degree of quality in all work produced
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
While performing the duties of this position, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to use hands or fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is regularly required to lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less. Employee is regularly exposed to kitchen equipment (e.g., oven, stove, dishwasher, slicer, coffee machine, steamer, mixer, and chef's knives).
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills, aptitudes, and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills, or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.